Lake District Peninsular
We are a family-run Coffee House, Bistro & Pizzeria, we have 4 Luxury en-Suite Boutique Guest Rooms which opened in December 2016. We provide good quality home cooked food from locally sourced produce in a warm, friendly environment.
HerdwickS is located in an area of outstanding natural beauty with views of the Irish Sea, Duddon Estuary and the Lakeland Fells. It is a unique setting within the former Hodbarrow Mining Headquarters dating back to 1873.
We overlook Hodbarrow Lagoon & RSPB Nature reserve with its abundant wildlife & impressive hide to view it all from. The Wake Park provides Watersport facilities and tuition, Harbour Lights Campsite is a short walk away from us, come and explore this beautiful area that we are part of and proud of.
Tel. 01229 778 758
Food & Drink
Typically food is served 10.30am – 4pm for light bites, 5pm – 8:30pm for log fired Pizzas & Specials (please check here for opening times).
We have freshly ground coffee produced by Carvetii and a range of beer, cask ale, ciders & wines for you to enjoy.
Winter opening times may vary, please contact us for more details.
Wedding Marquee Venue – Cumbria
- A wonderfully peaceful and exclusive wedding venue
- Accessible location – 5 minutes to the nearest train station in Millom
- A beautiful setting – among the rolling hills with sea views
- 4 luxury guest rooms available
- Marquee site with excellent access, car parking provided
- Freedom to stamp your own creativity and originality on your Wedding Day
- Food and drink available on site from our bistro